The Struggling Writer

The chronicles of a freelance writer as he tries to make a living.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First Examiner Article Up

I posted my first piece on Finding a pediatrician for children with disabilities. I just want to say I HATE Examiner's authoring tool. It's so "for dummies" that it's harder for those of us who know HTML. Ugh! I think once I get it figured out and make some of my own templates I'll be fine but it took me forever to get my first article up.

I'll detail each of these later but I'll point out that I did keyword research to find the right title, put in a creative commons photo because people love pictures and added a Twitter link (yes, you too can follow me on Twitter). I know I should go in and Digg, Reddit and so on my article but I'm spent now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just use the templates provided to you and you'll be fine, and the look of your articles will be cohesive with the look of the site. I use the templates and have never had major issues.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    I don't intend to change the look, just insert things like my Twitter address automatically. The biggest problem I had was inserting links. It's fine if you just want to use the URL as the text but that's sloppy. Typing alternate text for a link is a pain. I was surprised to realize they use the FCKeditor which I've heard good things about. I found it clunky and non-intuitive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home