The Struggling Writer

The chronicles of a freelance writer as he tries to make a living.

Friday, April 14, 2006

More bad writing

I don't want to turn this blog into a slam on people's writing, but I just had to post this one.

I will never complain about IRS publications again. I've read more than a few and they can be hard to follow, but they are models of concise and clear writing compared to documents from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. The people responsible for any of the USCIS documents should be dragged into the street and their public flogging should be televised across the nation in hopes of preventing anyone from ever writing that badly again. I'm a native English speaker and I can't figure out their forms, so I feel real sympathy to immigrants trying to make sense of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home