The Struggling Writer

The chronicles of a freelance writer as he tries to make a living.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Musing on motivation

Motivation is a funny thing. I'm coming to realize that mine comes in bursts. For several days I'll work like crazy, then for several days I do nothing. I can work with that, but I need to take advantage of my up times.

Right now I'm in a low motivation period. Over the weekend I accomplished absolutely nothing constructive except the laundry. I'm now three articles behind my goal on LTK. Today is a Maria day and I'm taking care of her overnight. That means I won't sleep so I'll be exhausted tomorrow. I have a bunch of things I need to get done this week in preparation for travelling next week. That doesn't mean I won't be writing - I can't afford not to write this week - but it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Patti Stafford said…

    I'm like that too. This week doesn't seem to be for writing much--tomorrow it may change. I think I lose interest in certain topics faster than others so if I'm writing on stuff I really like--I'll plant my butt in front of the computer.

    I found you through Carson from the Content Done Better Blog. Nice place you've got here. I will definitely check back often.

    Have a great week,
    Ann

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    I'm the same way. Certain topics makes it easier to make excuses. The desired articles at LTK this month don't exactly light my fire, but that's another skill that separates the pros from the amatueurs - writing stuff that's boring

     

Post a Comment

<< Home