The Struggling Writer

The chronicles of a freelance writer as he tries to make a living.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Procrastinator's Lament

What a week! It's the usual thing we procrastinator's face - we put stuff off until the last minute, then something blows up and we don't have time to do it all. And yet I do this over and over and over.

I had planned to have all my LTK articles done by yesterday. I don't. I have to have them done by the end of the month, no excuses. Although I'm out of town, it turns out all the libraries here have free Wi-Fi so I have a good work venue and an excuse to get away from the relatives. My hope is to finish...oh, who am I kidding? I'm not even going to set goals at this point, other than "get lots done". It probably means I won't get the Learning Through History article done this month, but the deadline is December 15 so I could get it done early next month. That means it won't count on this month's submission record, but that's my own darn fault.

I'm pleased that my editor at LTK is being patient about this. However I certainly can't do this again next month.

OK, enough wasting time. To work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home