The Struggling Writer

The chronicles of a freelance writer as he tries to make a living.

Monday, May 07, 2007

April = best month ever

As I mentioned before, February was a record month for me. You may notice I didn't talk about March. I didn't do so well. I'm getting into the bad habit of coasting on this one client and that's bad. She doesn't give me enough work to live on and I want to diversify anyhow.

April was a new record month, though not by much. At the last minute I submitted an essay to Common Ties so that I could beat February. I'm now tracking a daily submission goal so that I don't have to scramble so much in the last few days of the month.

May is turning out to be great! I'm at nearly twice my daily goal so far with plenty of work over the next couple of weeks. In fact I'm a little concerned that if May goes TOO well it may set a goal I can't easily beat. Ambitious goals are great, but if they are too ambitious then you just give up. Well, I do at least.

I hope to have more posts up in the next few days, including "How Pergo Flooring Relates Writing" and "How I'm Cashing In on Low Paying Jobs".

Incidentally, you know you're a writer when the top application on your start button is Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home